The following article is a great expose on Mormonism. What a person believes and their philosophy is critical to their decision. making capabilities.
Questions for Christians who are thinking of voting for
Mitt Romney for President of the United States
1. Does Mitt Romney swear secret oaths in the Mormon Temple (oaths which could affect his ability to perform his Presidential Oath?
2. Why do you think Mormonism is—in so many people’s eyes—considered outside of genuine Christianity?
•Do only fanatics with bad attitudes consider Mormonism to be a problem? The truth is that Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, and Presbyterian conventions all see Mormonism as outside orthodox Christianity:
3. All active Latter-day Saint adults can quote the so-called Lorenzo Snow couplet: "As man now is, God once was; as God now is man may become." What does that mean?
•It does not mean that men can become "like" God" that is, perfect and sinless.
•The quote clearly means that God used to be a man and that men can become Gods. And every Mormon knows it means that!
4. What do you suppose the current President, Seer, and Revelator (The Prophet and President) of the Mormon Church, Gordon B. Hinckley, meant when he said: "Those who observe us say that we are moving into the mainstream of religion. We are not changing. We teach the same doctrine." (Ensign, Nov. 2001, p 5) and "The traditional Christ of whom they [non-Mormons] speak is not the Christ of whom I speak." (The Church News, June 20, 1998)
5. What do Mormons mean when they speak of the Mormon Church as "the One True Church."
7. Mitt Romney has called polygamy "bizarre." Is he being dishonest?
•As Man Now is. . . .
•Joseph Smith on the Plurality of Gods
•McConkie on Eternal Progression
•The King Follett Discourse
•The Righteous Progress Eternally
•Godhood is Within Our Reach
•Only Exalted Beings Can Produce Spirit Offspring
James R. Spencer
The Key to understanding this site
Also, please email me with any typos you see on these pages—Thanks!
New or Favorite
(large file: 1.5 mgb)